Dr. Day graduated in 1994 from the Ontario Veterinary College (OVC) at the University of Guelph. After graduation, she practiced veterinary medicine in Kingston, Ontario before moving to Toronto with her family in 1997.
Dr. Day practiced Small Animal Veterinary Care and Emergency Medicine in the greater Toronto area prior to joining Cabbagetown Pet Clinic in 2007. She purchased the clinic from Dr. Scott McClure in August of 2008.
In addition to managing her clinic, Dr. Day has been a leading voice in the veterinary community.
- Board/President of the Toronto Academy of Veterinary Medicine (1997-2011)
- Member of Ontario Veterinary Medical Association (OVMA) Board of Directors (1997-2011)
- Board Member on the OVMA (1997-2011)
- President of the OVMA (2010-2011)
- Council Member with the College of Veterinarians of Ontario (CVO) (2012-2018)
- President of the College of Veterinarians of Ontario (2014-2015)
- Recipient of the OVMA Outstanding Veterinarian Award (2017)
- Chapter Member of the Women’s Presidents Organization (2018-current)
Dr. Day lives with her husband, two sons, two black Labs named Shade and Emma along with her lovable rescue cat, Snickers. Outside of veterinary medicine, she treasures her time spent at the family cottage in the summer and making wide turns on the ski slopes in the winter.
She is truly thankful for the opportunity to serve pet lovers in the Cabbagetown community, as she continues to grow a state-of-the-art, client-focused veterinary hospital.