COVID-19: How we operate has changed.
During the current COVID-19 pandemic, strong public measures are being enacted to reduce the spread of this disease. These have profound impacts on day-to-day activities and require a balance between providing veterinary care and being socially responsible from a COVID-19 standpoint. There are few clear answers and guidance may change. The information below is meant to be a guide to how the veterinarians and staff at Cabbagetown Pet Clinic are approaching the delivery of safe veterinary medicine to our clients and their pets during this important time.
The latest COVID-19 updates for the Cabbagetown Pet Clinic can be found here.
First and foremost, please consider the health of our veterinarians and hospital staff. We ask that you please advise us if there is any increased risk of COVID-19 transmission either with respect to yourself or among close family members. As community transmission of disease is now as much if not more prevalent than risk of disease post travel, we ask that everyone presumes that they could be a source of infection to our staff.
Recommendations may change based on changes in our understanding of this disease, changes in messaging from governments and regulators, and as this pandemic evolves. Please accept that the operational work flow at our hospital may change day by day and hour by hour.
Our doors are currently CLOSED. We will be communicating with you prior to your visit to instruct on how we will manage your appointment. We will be asking you to complete an Pre-Appointment Questionnaire prior to your arrival and you may be asked clarifying questions over the telephone by one of our RVT’s. We will meet you at the door and ask that you indicate your arrival through our window. The Veterinarian will examine your pet and will communicate by telephone the treatment plan with you and answer any questions that you may have. We are asking that you utilize payment over the phone by credit card if at all possible. We do not save any credit card information. Email transfer is another option for online payments.
Please allow for 2 metres (6 feet) between all individuals (other clients and staff) at all times. We ask that you keep close control of your pets (on leash at all times or in approved pet carriers) and also that they keep the same distance from other clients and their pets.
Essential vs Non-Essential Veterinary Services:
- Annual Heath Examinations: Priority is also given for puppies and kittens vaccination/RABIES series examinations. Owners can easily access their pets current vaccine status by downloading the PetPage app for iPhone and Android. (scroll for more information)
- Medical Examinations: We have allocated availability for veterinarians to assess, perform diagnostics and prescribe and dispense for client’s pets who have acute serious medical concerns, life threatening conditions, painful and chronic conditions and humane euthanasia.
- Prescription Refills: This service will continue however we ask that you refill your prescription well in advance and prepare for 72 hour turnaround as there may be delays with our supply chain during this time. We request that you call our office to arrange for payment prior to coming in to pick up your medication and that you advise us when you are on your way so that we can have your medication readily available when you arrive to our door.
- Prescription Diet Sales: This service will also continue however as above; we ask that you prepare for a 7-10 day turnaround time as there have been supply chain transportation delays. We request that you call our office to arrange for payment prior to coming in to pick up your food and that you advise us when you are on your way so that we can have your food readily available when you arrive to our door. Online food purchasing is available on our Webstore.
- Flea/Tick Prevention: As tick prevention is another important public (human) health consideration (tick borne disease transmission including Lyme disease), a maximum of 3 months of Simparica can be purchased by current clients. Revolution for flea only prevention is also available for purchase by current clients (max 6 months). Once we have a better understanding of supply chain availability of these products we will communicate to our clients. Please allow 72 hours for Simparica and Revolution availability and please treat as above (medication and food) with respect to purchase and dispensing.